Monday, April 19, 2010

Portfolio Post - Art

This portfolio was the hardest to name.  I didn't want to call it "Landscapes" because it isn't just that.  I didn't want to call it "Scenic" because I think that is lame.  "Nature" didn't seem to cut it either.  With input and help from others, I finally decided on "Art."  This is the space to showcase my photos that have more of a fine art feel to them - landscapes, sunsets, sunrises, animals, plants, etc.  This is a portfolio I hope to expand on a bunch over the next several months.


I don't know what kind of plant this is, but I think it looks cool.
Plant - International Peace Gardens - Salt Lake City, UT

Shot while climbing at the SUV crag above the Salt Lake Valley.
Bird and Cliff - Salt Lake City, UT

I was headed out to attend my little brother's baseball game and saw this single bird on the wires outside my back door.  I had been thinking about a shot like this for a while and recognized it when I saw it.
Bird - Salt Lake City, UT

Sundial Peak sits at the top of the Mill B South drainage between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons.  This day we ended up skiing some of the terrain you can see in the right third of the photo, but I did scope a line off the top that looks pretty awesome.  We will have to get back there when the time is right.
Sundial Peak - Big Cottonwood Canyon, UT

Taken from the North Summit of Mt. Olympus looking down on the Salt Lake Valley just 20 minutes or so before I cut my head open skiing down it.
Mt. Olympus - Salt Lake City, UT

I don't think I ever saw the television show, "Green Acres," but I do know the theme song from that part in the Pauly Shore movie, "Son-in-Law," where he sings it.  Embarrassing, I know.
Farm - Spring City, UT

Snow can be quite the fascinating subject.
Silver Fork - Big Cottonwood Canyon, UT

My wife and I took a road trip up to the Pacific Northwest this past summer.  We stopped in Vancouver, BC and shot this flower in the park.
Flower - Stanley Park - Vancouver, BC

Springtime is a perfect time to shoot in farm towns as there is plenty of adorableness to go around (yes, that was meant to be over-the-top cheesy).
Sheep - Fountain Green, UT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woh......
Its great approach to show the different kind of pics really its nice. Its nice opportunity to share your idea with us i also love these pics and different pics also show the beauty of the word.

Canberra Photography said...

These are beautiful pics. i like the captions that you have used to describe the photo. How about calling this collection as "Travel Photography"? since in each pic you have travel to somewhere to get a shot.